Patrick GREHAN Senior was born 1756 in Dublin, Ireland, and died 1832 in Dublin, Ireland. He married Judith MOORE, daughter of Edward MOORE. She is Celia O’Bryen’s grandmother
Piers Butler is Lewis More’s maternal great grandfather by his mother Margaret Butler.
The 2nd son Roger O’More, Caoch, Lord of Leix was slain by his brother Philip 1556. He m.Margaret, dau. and heir of Thomas Butler, 3rd son of Pierce, 8th Earl of Ormonde, and had issue.
- Rory, slain 1578, he had a dau. Honora, wife of John Morres, Esq, co. Tipperary.
- Charles of Balyna,
( He may well be the above in a gaelic spelling “Kedagh” ), page to Queen Elizabeth, who gave him Balyna as a new year’s gift. He m. the dau. of Sir Maurice Fitzgerald, Knt of Luagh, co. Kildare
- Lewis, whose son Walter, m. Alicia Elliott, and had a son, (Lewis More is Edmund More’s great grandfather)
- Patrick, father of (by Joan, his wife, dau. of O’Hely, of co. limerick)
- Edmund Moore esq., (Judith Grehan’s great grandfather) who (m. Elizabeth, dau.of Maurice Graham esq)., and had (with seven daus.) one son,
- James Moore, esq. of Dublin who d. 2 june 1741, leaving (by Mary his wife, dau. of James Cullen esq, and widow of col. Keating) three sons
- Roger, who d.s.p.; (decessit sine prole)
- Edward, of whom presently;
- James, col of a regt in the French service, and afterwards Lieut-Col in the British army, who d. at Fontainbleau, 1813.
The 2nd son, Edward Moore esq of Mount Browne, co. Dublin, m. Jane Reynolds , of Dublin, and dying about the year 1787, left with three daus.,
- Jane, wife of Owen O’Conor, esq of Belanagare;
- Maria, wife of Valentine O’Connor, esq of Dublin; and
- Judith, wife of Patrick Grehan, esq of Dublin (see the top)